Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 5: A picture of your favorite Memory

I sort of failed at keeping up with this.... but here goes my attempt to start up again... The photo challenge never said this had to be done consecutively right....

DAY 5: A picture of your Favorite memory
This is a picture from my sister's wedding. I look up to my siblings probably more than any child has ever looked up to their older brothers or sisters. But really. I am 8 years younger than my sister and 10 years behind my brother. For a lot of families, having that gap would make the last child naturally just not be as close to their siblings, but my brother and sister always did so much to make me feel like I was just as much one of their friends. When Jonathan was a senior in high school and Megan was a sophomore, I was in 3rd grade. This was a time of the pop sensations of Nsync and The Backstreet Boys. One day we all learned the dance to the music video "Its Gonna Be Me" by NSync.... 7 years later we were at Megan's Wedding reception and I watched Megan go up to the DJ and request a song. She then looked around and said "emily! jonathan!" and motioned us to the dance floor. As I met them on the dance floor "Its gonna be me" started pouring out of the speakers. Megan got a big smile and said "you guys remember it still right?" and for the next 3 minutes we gave our best performance for megan's wedding guests. I loved this so much. I know the whole story probably sounds so silly but it truly is one of my top favorite memories ever. I cant think of too many 18 year old boys that would learn a dance with not only his 16 year old sister but his 8 year old sister, or on top of that ever perform it in public. I'm so grateful for my brother and sister. They are 2 of my best friends.

5 comments:

The King's said...

this almost made me cry! bahahahah that is sooo cute!

J-Rog said...

This is one of the greatest pictures ever! Love you Emma!!

Kristen said...

Cute Emily...I remember...you guys are excellent dancers. =)

Gwen said...

Can't even tell you the joy this memory brings to me too, I thank you for expressing it so perfectly!

The Rogers said...

Your wedding next!!! Maybe little Nephews can join in!!! :) great memory though!