Friday, July 8, 2011

Craft time!


Okay so... I'm not a crafty person but I really wish that I was so for some reason I have been on this kick lately that I wanted to be more crafty and its sort of been taking off in the last week. I have one project that I'm working on that isn't blog worthy yet but out of the blue I started and finished a different one today!
So Cole's little sister Annie is turning 9 tomorrow and she invited me over for her birthday dinner so.... for who knows what reason I decided I wanted to make her birthday present. Maybe it was because she is always drawing me pictures or making me bend-a-roo sculptures to put in my room so my subconscious wanted to make her something? who knows but this was the final product of the project I came up with!...

I started off by going to Michael's and got:
scrapbook paper
Paint
Ribbons
a wooden A
a wooden board
Mod Podge
and a plain picture stand


First I sanded down the board to make sure that it was smooth and had no rough edges and then I painted it. (I painted the back Pink and the sides white)

Then I traced out the A onto the scrapbook paper cut it out, cut out the other paper to fit the space on the board then Mod Podged them on...















Then I tied some Ribbon around the A and the stand...


To finish it up I glued the A to the board with tacky glue....
it was super easy and if i do say so myself I think it turned out really cute!


(side view)

4 comments:

The Rogers said...

That is so adorable!!! I love it!!!!!!! You are becoming quite crafty! You are going to make a great "Mormon" mom some day! Haha!!!

Anonymous said...

emily!! that is so adorable! you're definitely invited to my birthday party. ;)

With Love, Bobbi said...

CRAFT EXTRAORDINAIRE! (Just made up that title- and you win it!) Glad you chose the flowers with the stripes. Cuteness!! Whats next?

Gwen said...

Besides leaving out the fact that you razzle dazzled it with rhinestones...just the right amount of sparkle BTW. You seemed to not mention how you labored over every single decision along the way!!! But I guess it pays to think and rethink your project 'cuz its DARLING!!!